Storagenergy is a small business located in Salt Lake City, Utah focusing on the development of innovative technologies for energy conversion and storage applications. We are currently seeking a Director of R&D who will be responsible for leading the development directions for our next generation materials and battery cell chemistries. The candidate will manage multiple R&D teams, each of which is responsible for developing new chemistries and material for handoff to cell product. The preferred candidate will have a track record of R&D for next-generation cell chemistry, an understanding of the battery industry, as well as the research community. The candidate will also have a history of leading and developing strong teams of scientists and engineers.
Desired Qualifications / Experience:
- PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or related field of study
- 10+ years of experience in a material development role, especially electrolyte and anode surface design with lithium-metal or anode-free cells.
- Proficiency with lithium-ion or lithium-metal cell/battery production & processing is a plus
- 5+ years in a management role, covering product development, reliability, verification & validation
- Demonstrated record of technical innovation, including publications, presentations, and/or patents
- Proven track record of success in bringing projects to fruition
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proved track record with successful grant writing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the team members to design and develop next-generation battery chemistries
- Provide expertise for formal root cause analysis to create mitigation plans for design and improvement
- Provide scientific support to project teams to resolve quality issues
- A strong desire to lead, coach, recruit, and develop talent
- Protect IP with patent application filings
- Maintain awareness of competitor technology developments and patent filings
- Strong leader with the ability to communicate effectively across all functions
Our comprehensive compensation plan includes the following benefits:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and sick leave
- Healthcare, dental, and vision plans to cover you and your family
- 401K retirement plan with company matching contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status under federal, state, and local laws.