Storagenergy is seeking a Senior Battery Scientist (Cathode) to join our quickly growing team. Storagenergy is a dynamic and collaborative environment, working on next-generation technologies for electrochemical energy storage. These positions will support our Cathode Production & Recycling team by exploring process methods and parameters for the production, recycling, or upcycling of lithium-ion battery cathode materials.
- Plan and oversee technical and scientific R&D activities related to production and recycling of lithium-ion battery cathode materials
- Work with team Engineers to identify key processing methods and parameters necessary to produce commercial-quality cathode materials
- Effectively document and communicate project progress and technical challenges to teams with diverse technical backgrounds
- Lead materials sourcing efforts to obtain cathode precursor materials and recycled black mass
- Lead customer engagement activities to understand key performance parameters required from battery materials
- Lead fundraising activities, including grant writing and venture capital
Desired Qualifications / Experience:
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrochemistry, or related fields and 2-5 years professional experience.
- Strong foundational understanding of lithium-ion battery materials, production methods, operation principles, performance, and degradation pathways.
- Experience related to cathode material synthesis or recycling methods and parameters is strongly preferred, including NMC, NCA, and LFP cathode chemistries.
- Demonstrated capability of designing experiments to enable clear results that drive decisions in an industrial R&D environment.
- Experience with project management a plus.
- Experience with grant or other funding applications is a plus.
Our comprehensive compensation plan includes the following benefits:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and sick leave
- Healthcare, dental, and vision plans to cover you and your family
- 401K retirement plan with company matching contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status under federal, state, and local laws.