Storagenergy is seeking an experienced Senior/Principal Battery Scientist to contribute to our Next-Generation Battery technology developments. Storagenergy has been developing advanced electrolytes for high-energy lithium-metal and anode-free batteries. The Senior Battery Scientist will continue to develop electrolyte additives, coatings, and strategies to prevent Li-dendrite growth, improve safety, and cycle life. The position will work closely with and report directly to the Director of R&D and CEO.
- Develop advanced strategies to enable high-energy lithium-metal and anode-free batteries
- Act as Project Manager/Principal Investigator by providing guidance and direction to junior Research Engineers and Scientists
- Effectively document and communicate project progress and technical challenges to teams with diverse technical backgrounds in the form of technical progress reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Lead customer engagement activities to understand key performance parameters required from next-generation batteries
- Contribute to and lead grant writing activities to secure continued project funding
Desired Qualifications / Experience:
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrochemistry, or related fields, with 3+ years professional experience in battery R&D.
- Strong foundational understanding of lithium-ion and lithium-metal battery materials, production methods, operation principles, performance, and degradation pathways.
- R&D experience directly related to next-generation, high-energy batteries is preferred.
- Demonstrated capability of designing experiments to enable clear results that drive decisions in an industrial R&D environment.
- Experience with project management is a plus.
- Experience with grant or other funding applications is a plus.
Our comprehensive compensation plan includes the following benefits:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and sick leave
- Healthcare, dental, and vision plans to cover you and your family
- 401K retirement plan with company matching contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status under federal, state, and local laws.